There is a host of civil penalties for negligent or inadvertent failure to make proper or timely payments and deposits of employment taxes. For any willful failure to withhold or pay employment taxes, both civil penalties and criminal sanctions may apply. Perhaps the most commonly encountered civil penalty is the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty. This penalty is really a collection device, in that it is equal to 100% of trust fund taxes that have not been remitted to the Internal Revenue Service. Under this penalty, a “responsible person” can be held fully responsible for any willful failure to collect and pay trust fund taxes.
You are here: Home / Penalties for failure to pay the tax
- Elder Rights – Online Resources And Advocates For The Elderly – Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Elder Care, Legal Advocates, V.A. Benefits….
- Collection Agency Law Firms Churn Debt And Abuse Debtors By The Thousands…
- Love The People Who Treat You Right – Pray For The Ones That Don’t…
- Pope Says No To Marijuana – New York Included….
- Is Turning 70 The Best Age To Retire For Social Security Benefits?
- What Are Social Security Retirement Claim Strategies?
- Drawing Down Your Retirement Funds – What Is A Progressive Draw Down?
- Financial Elder Abuse – Emotional Vulnerability And Predatory Practices
- hankster on Apt Safety – Duty of Landlord
- hankster on Pet Rent
- hankster on Consumer Rights – Pawn Shops
- hankster on Spouse Running Up My Credit Card – Is That Criminal? Q & A
- hankster on Asset Searches – How To Protect Your Money